Full Insurance (CDW)
Full Insurance (CDW) is always included in the rental prices and provides a level of protection in case of accident, collision or damage to the rental vehicle, that reduces the renter's responsibility up to a maximum Excess amount, ranged from 500€ up to 2.000€ according to the category of the vehicle.
Full insurance (SCDW) with reduced Excess
Full insurance SCDW (Super Collision Damage Waiver), is available upon request, provided that the driver is between 25 - 65 years old, for minimum rental period 7 days, at an additional daily fee, that depends on the vehicle category.
Super Colission Damage Waiver (SCDW) insurance, reduces the Excess amount, in the event of an accident, as well as in case of damages to the vehicle body, even when made by driver's mistake/fault or negligence, provided that the use of the rented vehicle, was according to the Rental Conditions of the company.
SCDW insurance, does not apply for: SUV/Crossover vehicles, Convertibles, Minivans & Minibuses.
Third Party Liability Insurance (TPL)
For personal injuries per victim and damages to properties per incident, up to 1.300.000 euro.
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
Compensates the driver and passengers, for personal injuries and medical expenses, up to 5.000 euro.
Fire and theft protection (TPFT)
The renter is covered for the following cases:
- Total or partial loss in case of fire to the rental vehicle (provided there is no deceit or deliberate action)
- Theft, or attempted theft, of the rental vehicle. However, any stolen belongings within the vehicle interior (personal valuables, mobile phones, cameras, etc.) are not covered by any insurance.
Road assistance and car replacement
In the unfortunate case of a flat/punctured tire during the rental, the replacement of the tire with the spare one, is the renter’s exclusive responsibility.
If such case, the renter should replace immediately the punctured tire, using the tools at the boot of the car. For further instructions, please, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Then, you can drive to the nearest tire shop closer to you, in order to fix/repair the punctured tire (the approximate cost is 8-10 euro and the repair duration varies from 15 to 20 minutes, accordingly), take the payment receipt, so we can refund you the cost, upon return of the vehicle.
**In case the tire is completely damaged or destroyed, resulting its repair impossible, then the total cost for the tire replacement, bares the renter!
Moreover, the company does not incur any additional expenses, arising from tire repair or replacement.
Driving Rules - Use of Vehicle
As regards to the vehicle use, we inform our clients that, all vehicles of our fleet, regardless category, are intended and allowed to be driven only and exclusively in paved/asphalted roads and not off-road or any other graveled/dirt routes.
Furthermore, since the vehicles that we provide for rent, are passenger cars that intend for leisure and people transportation purposes, their use should be proportional.
In case the use of the vehicle or the roads that its being driven to, are not subjected to the above rental terms, all insurances are cancelled and the driver/renter, bares full responsibility, for any damage, disfunction or accident, that may occur during the rental, as well as for the towing expenses and for the cleaning of the car by mud, dust, etc., both in the interior and exterior.
Important Accident Information
In the event of an accident, regardless of liability, the renter must immediately inform the rental company, at the 24-hour customer service numbers and should remain at the accident scene.
After informing the rental company, the accident care service of the insurance is also notified, in order to get to the scene of the accident and prepare a real-time statement.
The renter assumes total responsibility, for injuries or damages that may arise, both towards the rental vehicle, as well as towards third parties or properties, in case he misses to notify the car rental company, on time.
INSURANCE VOID SITUATIONS - UNAUTHORIZED CAR USE
Unauthorised use includes but is not limited, to the following:
- Damages to wheels/rims/tires, the undercarriage of the vehicle, damages while driving off-road (un-paved/dirt roads, e.g Balos, similar routes etc.), as well as damages made by animals (domestic or not)
- Damages made in the interior of the car, loss or damage of the car key, damages to the additional equipment provided during the rental (children's seats, GPS, USB-AUX, charging cables, etc.)
- Conceding the vehicle to a third person not registered in the rental contract
- Driving or ferrying the rental vehicle outside Crete
- Pushing or towing any other vehicle
- Any damage occurring as an effect of ignoring a warning light
- Damage to the wheel rim that resulted by continuous driving with a punctured tyre
- Driving in places that are not suitable for public access, such as beaches, race tracks, rocky areas, unpaved/graveled roads, etc., that may cause damage to the vehicle
- Negligence or omission regarding to the illumination of indicator lights or other warning signs on the dashboard
- Transportation of goods or other meterials, especially dangerous, inflammable and/or substances that may damage the vehicle's interior or harm its passengers
- Transportation of people or goods that directly or indirectly imply payment to the renter.
- Subleasing the vehicle
- Burning the clutch (which requires persistent ill-use) or by handbrake misuse
- Wrong refueling of the vehicle
- Use of the vehicle in any illegal activities
- Transportation of a number of people or amount of luggage exceeding the vehicle's authorised load weight by the manufacturer
- Transportation of luggage or any other materials on the roof of the vehicle
- Reckless driving, negligence, disrespectful actions contrary to the International Traffic Code
- Participating in racing competitions or similar events with the rented vehicle
Consequently, any use of the vehicle in breach of a rule or reasonable and diligent use of the vehicle, as well as, particularly, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, will be considered as unauthorised use.